I'm probably staring too much. Then again, it's not my fault his eyes intoxicate me. Maybe he doesn't notice. We've been keeping a pretty healthy conversation. And almost as if he heard me think it, those chocolate brown eyeballs shift my way and weaken my knees. There's a pause. Not an awkward one, though. Just a passing moment of body language. Body conversation. Body talk. I've also been smiling like a huge dork for the past 30 seconds. I'm pretty sure. But when that smile creeps across his velvet lips, it makes sense. His eyes light up, his teeth grin, and I'm way too invested already. I've fallen on my face, and there's not a good chance of recovering.
He reaches his golden sculpted arm out and puts his hand on my leg. "Let's play hide and seek." His smile widens, his chocolate eyeballs shimmer. I can't even focus on anything. I manage to somehow fire a a few stray neurons, and my head bobs dreamily up and down. I'll count first.
And then it all happens at once, except it feels like it never happens at all. Like I only imagined it. I close my eyes and start counting:
One. I hear him stand up from his spot on the chair, but I don't hear the usual frantic footsteps that accompany a hider as he hurriedly conceals himself.
Two. And then I feel it. I can feel him close to me. Breathing with me. I feel the occupied space seeping into my skin.
Three. He runs his finger along my jaw brushing up my numbing cheek. His cologne seduces my heightened senses. I'm frozen. I don't dare open my eyes.
Four. His fingers brush through my hair. My breath is deepening, my heart is floundering, palpitating, perspiring in my chest. All of the air between us vaporizes.
Five. And then I feel those velvet lips on mine. The lightest, most delicate grazing, followed by more and more pressure. My shaky fingers clutch the comforter and I melt into the kiss. He puts his other hand on my thigh again, but I'm too dizzy to notice. All I want is for this kiss to last forever, but it's over before I even finish wishing. I still can't open my eyes. I have to let the moment linger. It can't be over yet. I hear him smile under his breath, and laugh at his own boldness. I'm trying to find the words, grasping for anything to say. For anything. I laugh a little and smile under my breath too. The connection lingers so heavily in the air, that it's hard to speak into.
The only way the moment could have been broken was by the loud buzzing of his cellphone. We lock eyes one more time, and he reaches into his pocket for his phone, but freezes before he can get it out. And the buzzing continues. Growing louder, angrier, more incessant. The buzzing is so potent I can smell it.
It was only then that I finally woke up, and actually opened my eyes. My phone alarm was buzzing on the shelf by my bed. My feet hung off the end of the bed. My left arm was still fast asleep. I groggily lurched for my phone with another arm, straining my eyes through my blurry vision. I sat up, turned off my alarm, and flopped back into bed looking at the ceiling. I swear to God I could still feel that kiss on my lips. As I kicked my legs over the side of the bed and sat up, I found myself wanting the same thing I had always wanted.
Fuck. I should have pinched myself.
that was SEXY.
ReplyDeletei love the way you did the counting.
you're a great writer ry!
xoxo
h
I wish this happend in real life.
ReplyDelete